- Safe & Easy starting resources (but less)
= Fair Starts for Everyone!
- More Dangerous, Farther & Easy to Control Extra Resources (but more)
= Can't Turtle > Must go out to get Extra Resources
Barrows: Hills with Rock Terrain on the slopes (= no buildings)
= Forces Open Battles
- Central Mountaineous & Forested area .
= Cannot Wall this area; difficult to place Castles & Buildings
- Mountain Passes: Rock Terrain connects all player lands through the Alps.
= Always an available Connection, even if a player walls off the low-lands.
- Small Lakes and Connecting Rivers
= Unwallable; gives a little room for Naval Civs, but no water Domination.